Through a citywide network of One-Stop Career Centers and multiple workforce partners, the Business Services division of the Mayor’s Office of Employment Development (MOED) is uniquely positioned to coordinate the direct hiring needs of Baltimore businesses. Employers can find qualified, skilled employees and receive valuable support services at no cost. Business Services representatives offer hiring incentives and provide local companies with recruitment and pre-screening assistance using the resources of more than 100 local and regional workforce development partners.
Why should you utilize MOED?
Our recruitment process is designed to reduce time and the expense to locate candidates that are a good match for your company.
What you should know:
- Applicants are pre-screened to ensure that they meet the requirements established by the business.
- Our services are provided at no cost to the businesses.
- As needed, mass hiring halls and job fairs can be organized to address larger workforce needs.
- MOED is also prepared to help leverage local, state and national resources, including accessing tax credits that can significantly impact a company’s bottom line.
- Additional recruitment services offered at no cost include space for interviews and meetings.
Some of the businesses that have used our recruiting services are:
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Design Development Consultants Inc.
- Rosendin Electric
- DGS Construction Inc.
- Allclass Masonry
- G.A. & F.C. Wagman, Inc.
- Carter Paving & Excavation
- Amazon, Inc.
- Horseshoe Casino Baltimore
- Beatty Development—Harbor Point Project
- Maryland Stadium Authority
- Archer Western
- Johns Hopkins Hospital System
For additional information on recruitment services or to post a job opening, please complete the Job Posting Application or contact Yvette Clark, Business Services Assistant Manager at 443-984-3014.