The Mayor's Office of Employment Development (MOED) will provide Baltimore City employers with $2,500 per apprentice to pay for training, wages, or support services. MOED will help employers recruit Baltimore City residents for apprenticeship opportunities under this new apprenticeship initiative and will also provide or connect apprentices to support services.
Employers must provide:
- At least 2,000 hours per year of on-the-job training
- Training at the worksite under the direction of highly skilled industry experts
- Atleast 144 hours of related instruction per year of the apprenticeship
Through partnership with MOED, businesses are able to:
- Recruit and develop a stable, reliable pipeline of skilled workers
- Gain workers with industry certifications AND customized skills
- Reduce turnover/improve retention
To learn more about MOED’s subsidies for apprenticeships or how to create an apprenticeship in your workplace, email email@example.com today.
Download the apprenticeship employer flyer here.