Why You Should Utilize MOED
Our recruitment process is designed to reduce the time and the expense to locate candidates that are a good match for your company. Through a citywide network of One-Stop Career Centers and multiple workforce partners, the Business Services division of the Mayor’s Office of Employment Development (MOED) is uniquely positioned to coordinate the direct hiring needs of Baltimore businesses. Employers can find qualified, skilled employees and receive valuable support services at no cost. Business Services representatives offer hiring incentives and provide local companies with recruitment and pre-screening assistance using the resources of more than 100 local and regional workforce development partners.
What you should know:
- Applicants are pre-screened to ensure that they meet the requirements established by the business.
- Our services are provided at no cost to the businesses.
- As needed, mass hiring halls and job fairs can be organized to address larger workforce needs.
- MOED is also prepared to help leverage local, state, and national resources, including accessing tax credits that can significantly impact a company’s bottom line.
- Additional recruitment services offered at no cost include space for interviews and meetings.
Post a Job
Tap into the Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE) database of Jobseekers
When you post a position with MOED’s Business Services and the Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE), you are reaching out to the most diverse and extensive pool of candidates in the metropolitan Baltimore area.
Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE)
The Department of Labor, Licensing & Regulation manages Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE), an online database designed to match employers with job seekers. Any employer, both local and national, can use the database to place job orders and search for applicants by skill-set or position. MWE provides guidance, training, and technical assistance to employers who are seeking to post job openings, identify potential employees, research current and local job market data, and affect hiring incentives.
How to Apply
All employers must be registered in Maryland Workforce Exchange to post jobs or use our recruitment services. Once registered, the employer will log in with their created username and password. The employer will click on Manage Jobs, then click on Add a New Job Order, and proceed to post their job opportunity. Job Posting Applications are also received online by the employer.
New employers are required to register in Maryland Workforce Exchange. Employers already registered in MWE and have forgotten their log-in information, may contact the Assistance Center. You may also view and use the MWE Employer Quick Reference Guide.
Recruitment Events/Job Fairs
Recruitment events and job fairs provide your business with an opportunity to interact one-on-one with a pool of talented job seekers. Our goal is to help you make connections to meet the workforce needs of your business.
Recruitment Events can be tailored to your business to assist you with your hiring needs. Your local Business Services Representative can help you design an event that gives your business the flexibility to meet your needs on your own terms.
Examples of how your event can be designed:
- Meet and review applicants
- Large-scale information sessions
- Small Q & A sessions
- Candidate assessments
- Preliminary interviews
Hiring Events can be held at:
- Your worksite
- An offsite location
- American Job Centers in the Baltimore City locations
Reasons to participate in a Job Fair:
- Qualified talent in one place at one time. Meet face-to-face to go beyond the resume and narrow the candidate pool before arranging formal interviews.
- Multiple companies in one location. Attract a large pool of candidates.
- Reduce recruiting time by providing information and answering candidate questions. This ensures that applicants understand your organization and the job you are posting.
- Reach motivated job seekers proactively pursuing career opportunities.
For more information about our event services, to schedule an event, or to find out or be notified about upcoming events, please contact us at 443-984-3014.
The best part: Our recruitment services come at no cost to your business!
Some of the businesses that have used our recruiting services are:
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Amazon, Inc.
- Horseshoe Casino Baltimore
- Beatty Development—Harbor Point Project
- Maryland Stadium Authority
- Johns Hopkins Hospital System
For additional information on recruitment services, please contact Yvette Clark or 443-984-3014.