Small and Minority and/or Women-owned Business Wage Subsidy Program
What is the SMWB subsidy?
The Small and Minority and/or Women-owned Business (SMWB) Wage Subsidy supports Baltimore City business owners in hiring Baltimore City residents. Businesses may be reimbursed for wages of $6,000 for up to 3 residents, totaling $18,000. The subsidy application period began early 2022 and will remain open as long as funds are available.
Requirements to participate:
A business is eligible for a wage subsidy if it meets all of the following criteria:
- Located in Baltimore City
- Negatively impacted by the pandemic
- Not a franchisee of a business with locations outside of Maryland (no national chains)
- A small business that has 100 or fewer employees
- 51% or more of the business share is minority and/or woman-owned; the business does not need to be certified
Please see the terms and conditions for detailed eligibility and restrictions.
Find out more and apply:
Apply at bit.ly/SMWB-form today! Contact Joseph Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-913-9883 with questions.