MOED's outplacement services provide a coordinated, comprehensive approach to supporting businesses and employees affected by mass layoffs, company closures, or other reductions in the workforce.
When faced with the prospect of reducing its workforce or closing its doors, a local company can turn to MOED for guidance and resources. MOED’s outplacement services team assists companies in exploring options to keep the workforce intact and manage the changes related to worker dislocation. Workers are given access to job placement, skills training/retraining, unemployment insurance, and many other services to help them quickly reenter the workforce.
The outplacement services team features the combined expertise of professionals from MOED Employer Services and Job Seeker Services, and the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (Unemployment Insurance, Job Service, and Dislocated Worker units). To maximize services available to employees, other agencies lend assistance as needed.
Additional re-employment assistance includes:
- Career center services, offering career counseling, job listings, computer labs, and training opportunities
- Employment opportunities:
- Direct referrals to employers through Employ Baltimore Ready To Work For You
- On-site employer recruitment
- Individualized skills inventory to evaluate transferable skills, vocational aptitudes, interests, values, and education
For more information about MOED Outplacement Services, contact:
Outplacement Services Coordinator
MOED Employer Services